UnidosUS Board of Directors Elects New Members
Washington, DC— UnidosUS is pleased to announce the appointment of four new members to its Board of Directors:
- Rudy Espinoza, Executive Director, Inclusive Action (Los Angeles, CA)
- Dr. Maria Harper-Marinick, Retired Chancellor, Maricopa Community Colleges | Senior Fellow, College Excellence Program, Aspen Institute (Phoenix, AZ)
- Alba Martinez, Co-Founder, Magnolia Impact Solutions (Philadelphia, PA)
- Jackeline Stewart-Hawkins, Executive Vice President, Head of Multicultural Communication, Edelman (Washington, DC)
“UnidosUS is fortunate to welcome four accomplished leaders with diverse and extensive experiences working in education, advocacy, economic development, communications and marketing, and with the Latino community. These new Board members will be instrumental in bringing critical perspectives and insights to further our mission of creating greater opportunities for all, including Hispanics,” said Janet Murguía, President and CEO, UnidosUS.
“With great enthusiasm, I say bienvenidos to these four dynamic new members to our Board. We appreciate the opportunity to have these accomplished leaders help guide UnidosUS in thoughtful and strategic ways during these pivotal times for the Latino community and our nation,” said Luis Granados, Board Chair, UnidosUS.
The UnidosUS Board also elected its Executive Committee for 2022-2023:
- Luis Granados, Chair (San Francisco, CA)
- Maria Arias, Vice Chair (Denver, CO)
- Maricela Garcia, Secretary (Chicago, IL)
- Arnulfo Manriquez, Treasurer (Chula Vista, CA)
- Janet Murguía, President and CEO (Washington, DC)
- Josie Bacallao, At Large Member (Hollywood, FL)
- Roy Cosme, At Large Member (New York, NY)
- Maria Gabriela “Gaby” Pacheco, At Large Member (Miami, FL)
- James Rudyk, At Large Member (Chicago, IL)
The announcement comes one day before the opening of the 2022 UnidosUS Annual Conference, the premier event devoted to the diverse Hispanic community that is moving our country forward. This gathering of Latino advocates, community and business leaders, young advocates, and allies from across the country will be held this year in San Antonio, TX, from July 9-11.
UnidosUS’s Board of Directors is a 25-member body composed of representatives from UnidosUS Affiliates, elected officials, the corporate sector, and other partner organizations. Board members reflect the diversity of Hispanic nationality groups and the geographic distribution of the U.S. Latino population. By mandate, the Board must include equal representation of men and women.