The Social Media Coordinator will work with the Communications and Marketing component and members of the Design and Brand team on program development and implementation.
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the organization’s social media strategy to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts, and support of key marketing communications and organizational goals. This person will execute campaigns, work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is produced in a timely manner, and partner across all social channels. Success in this role will require the ability to effectively collaborate across teams and components. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Digital and Social Strategy, is hybrid, and will be based in Washington, DC.
Location: Washington, D.C.
- Post, schedule, and assist with the content management system, maintain assets, and content scheduling.
- Assist in developing social content calendars.
- Develop original content for daily posts and campaigns across platforms.
- Support tracking and reporting results, as well as help to analyze the impact of social media initiatives on various KPIs (i.e., followers, growth trends, campaign successes); suggest optimization tactics.
- Identify and propose innovative social media ideas in support of key program or organizational goals.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Use social media marketing and listening tools such as Talkwalker, TweetDeck, Sprout Social, etc., to monitor social trends, newsmakers, influencers, and content.
- Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is produced in a timely manner and that content is informative and appealing.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Expert proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social platforms.
- Three (3) to four (4) years of experience as a Social Media Coordinator or similar role
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, more specifically Office 365.
- Experience using social media marketing and listening tools such as Talkwalker, TweetDeck, Sprout Social, or similar programs, and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values (Excellence, Respect, Accountability).
- Commitment with the U.S. Latino community, Latino nonprofit organizations, and the Latino market is a plus.
- Experience working across different teams to inform and produce content.
- Strong grasp of social media best practices and emerging platforms.
- Understanding of social media metrics and related KPIs.
- Excellent multitasking and strong time management skills.
- Critical thinker with attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus.