In Your Community
Fall Affiliate Convenings
We hosted our Fall Affiliate Convenings in Nashville, Tennessee and Portland, Oregon, in October. The Affiliate convenings provide a space for our network of affiliated community-based organizations and stakeholders located throughout the country and Puerto Rico to connect and share their expertise and best practices.
These community leaders provide direct services to the Latino community year-round and understand the impact of national policy and initiatives on families and communities. They are our partners in ensuring the Latino community is always at the center of our work.
This year’s theme for the Fall Convenings, “Beyond Survival: Growing the Institutional Power of Our Organizations”, aimed to inspire conversations that strengthen Latino-serving organizations and foster our Affiliates’ resiliency and institutional power. Sessions included:
- Youth Engagement: Effective practices in organizing youth
- Digital Equity: Supporting clients in navigating the digital world
- Leadership Development: Building the bench of the next generation’s Latino leaders in the nonprofit sector
- Fundraising: Leveraging storytelling power for grant writing
- Operations: Strengthening financial management
- Operations/Programming: Integrating services to maximize community impact
In Nashville, 48 participants attended from 31 Affiliates representing 14 states, and in Portland, we were joined by 58 participants from 30 Affiliates representing 12 states. Participants also shared their perspectives on UnidosUS’s strategic direction, emerging on-the-ground issues, and opportunities for engagement during the listening session held with UnidosUS senior leadership team, Sonia Pérez, Acting CEO and Chief Operating Officer, and Delia de la Vara, Senior Vice President, Advancement and External Affairs.
To find out more about the UnidosUS Affiliate Network and whether there is an Affiliate in your community visit us at unidosus.org/about/affiliates