DACA Renewal Resources Are Available to You
If you haven’t heard by now, the president announced earlier this month that his administration would be rescinding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA. The program, which for five years has transformed the lives of nearly 800,000 young people is no longer accepting new applications. However, when the administration announced that the program would begin to ‘wind down’ over a period of six months, they also shared that all current DACA recipients whose status and work permit would expire between September 5 (when the decision to end the program was announced) and March 5, 2018 (the date when the program, absent action by Congress, will end), are currently eligible to renew their DACA as long as their renewal application is received by the Department of Homeland Security prior to October 5.
UnidosUS is actively engaged in working on a legislative solution to this terrible problem the president has created, but if you’re a DACA recipient who needs to renew, we strongly urge you to do so now. Don’t delay. There will likely be no extension granted, so it’s imperative that you get your renewal application in before the deadline. And, our Affiliate Network is ready to help you do that.
Mission Asset Fund
Our San Francisco Affiliate, Mission Asset Fund, is offering full scholarships for the renewal fee to eligible DACA recipients. They can have a check ready for you within 48 hours. Go to lc4daca.org or click on the image below to get started.
El Centro Hispano
In North Carolina, our Affiliate, El Centro Hispano, has scheduled the following information sessions and renewal clinics in Durham and Carrboro.
- Information session in Durham: Thursday, September 21 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at El Centro Hispano office in Durham
- Renewal clinic in Durham: Saturday, September 23 from 8:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at El Centro Hispano office in Durham
- Information session in Carrboro: Thursday, September 28 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Town Hall of Carrboro
- Renewal clinic in Carrboro: Saturday, September 30 from 1:00-6:00 p.m. at the Town Hall of Carrboro
For information about the information session and DACA Renewal Clinic please call El Centro Hispano 919-687-4635.
Florida International University
If you’re in Miami, Florida International University will be holding a renewal clinic this coming Saturday, Sept. 23.
- Date: September 23, 2017
- Time: 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Where: Florida International University – College of Law Room RDB1010
- Organizer – FIU Carlos A. Costa Immigration and Human Rights Clinic
- Contact – Juan Gomez 305-608-3561 and/or Jose Diaz 305-600-9585
- RSVP here: bit.ly/MiamiDACARenewalClinic