We’re proud to share a copy of the 2016 NCLR Annual Report with you.
Although much of this past year was dominated by a political landscape that often demonized and targeted our community, NCLR and our national network of affiliated community-based organizations achieved significant victories for Latino families.
In 2016, you helped us:
- Succeed in petitioning the FDA to fortify corn masa flour with folic acid.
- Elevated the voice of Latinos through a voter registration campaign.
- Expanded the number of organizations providing immigrant legal services in our network.
- Improve access to Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) for Latinos in California.
- Expand access to health care for low-income children in Arizona and Florida.
- Adopt a formal stance against gun violence following the Orlando shooting.
These are just a few of the accomplishments we’ve accomplished together.
As we look ahead, we will continue to find innovative solutions to expand opportunities for Latino families. Together, we will push ourselves even further to protect and defend our community and the progress we have made. I hope we can continue to count on your support as we embark on this journey.