(Cross-posted from the ALMA Awards Blog)
As part of a special segment of this year’s show entitled “I am American,” NCLR will be collecting photos of Affiliates, friends, ALMA followers and other Latinos from throughout the nation who are an important part of the fabric of American culture. During this segment, on the screen will be pictures of diverse Latinos: celebrities, athletes and regular people holding up cards that state “I AM AMERICAN or I was born in____________.” A limited amount of photos will be selected for the show. Submit your photo for a chance to be selected. Please see submission details below.
This year’s NCLR ALMA Awards telecast will feature a segment entitled “I AM AMERICAN.” The segment will include images of Latinos from across the country holding signs expressing that they are American and stating where in the United States they were born. Your image could be selected for this project. If you would like to submit a photo of yourself, please follow the specific guidelines below:
- All photos must be horizontal orientation.
- Photos should be from the waist up with a bit of headroom; leave some space around yourself in case we have to zoom in to the photo.
- Please keep in mind the lighting. Take your photo in a well-lit area.
- Please take TWO photos holding a white piece of paper in front of your chest (horizontally).
- Photo 1: The paper should be blank.
- Photo 2: Write on the paper: “Born in ____.” This should indicate the place where you were born (e.g., “Born in Chicago, Illinois.”). OR the phrase: “I AM AMERICAN.”
- If you are normally in uniform for your job, please wear this uniform or incorporate your role in your picture as well.
- Pictures should be taken with cameras or smart phones of 5 megapixels resolution or more (phones like iPhone 4, 4S, 5, Samsung Galaxy S III, HTC One X, Motorola Droid X2, and Nokia 808 Pureview, should work).
- Be sure to email the picture with the highest possible quality and size (the actual size the pictures were taken). Email both pictures to [email protected]
- All photos must be submitted by September 18.
By submitting this photo, you give NCLR the right to use your name, likeness and/or photograph (collectively the “Photos”), as depicted in the photo(s).
By submitting your photos, you give permission for them to be used in whole or in part, in the production of advertising materials for the NCLR ALMA Awards, on the Internet (including on the NCLR ALMA Awards official page and on social networks, mobile sites and applications related to the NCLR ALMA Awards), print and other non-broadcast media in all forms of television, including without limitation during the broadcast (and any re-broadcast) of the NCLR ALMA Awards, or any and all media now or hereafter known without limitation in perpetuity and without any further compensation, consideration, or notification. NCLR and its representatives shall have the unqualified right to alter, modify, edit, adapt, crop, couple, digitize or otherwise use the Photos as they see fit, without the need for further consent or approval. All rights to inspect and approve the finished product, its use or such written or spoken copy as may be used in connection therewith are waived.
By submitting your photos, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age, have full right and power to grant the rights set forth above without permission of any kind from any other person or entity or are the parent or legal guardian of any minors appearing in the Photos.